Autumn Wild Food Foraging Course/Walk
Explore woodland on the outskirts of Leamington Spa and discover some of the edible plants and mushrooms growing in the UK.
Access to this venue is by kind permission of Warwickshire Wildlife Trust. It includes a broadleaf woodland, which is known to be at least 400 years old, and a wide range of species. On this walk, you’ll discover how to identify some commonly growing wild foods to forage for, and information on where to find them again.
This course is within easy access of Coventry, Rugby, Birmingham, Hinckley, Leicester, Daventry, Banbury and Stratford-upon-Avon.
When we meet up, we will go through laws and safety points of foraging before heading out to discover the wild food in the area.
The course includes:
– an overview of foraging laws and safety best practice
– exploration of the venue introduction to a number of edible species
– instruction on how to tell edible species apart from poisonous lookalikes
– advice on sustainability and mindful practice
– information on where to find these species again
– recipe ideas
– wild food treats to sample
– digital information sheet sent after the course
- Oct 30 2022
- 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Autumn Wild Food Foraging Walk
- Nr Leamington Spa, CV31
Share this event